Make Your Customers' Experience Special this Season
Tip #306 - Let It Snow
Dear Tip of the Weeker,
It's winter and the weather this time of year is terrible. The streets are deserted. Your customers are as down in the dumps about the slush and snow as you are. It feels like winter has been here forever and the snowy weeks stretch out ahead…
Turn the terrible winter weather into an opportunity to do a little something extra for your customer. It will make them smile and who knows, it may even make them buy more!
- Carry out packages and clean off the snow that has accumulated on your customer’s cars while shopping at your store – keep a snow scraper by your door for easy access.
- Offer shoppers free hot cocoa, cider, or coffee. Just holding a steaming mug will brighten their spirits!
- Make sure your walks are shoveled clean and salted for struggle-free walking.
- Offer to hang up customers’ coats while they are shopping. This keeps their hands free for browsing and keeps them from getting too hot to shop.
- Give out those air-activated hand warmers as your customers leave the store. You can get them in bulk for less than 50 cents a pair – and that’s just a tiny bit of cash for warming your customer’s hands and hearts!
- Our local ice cream store offers half-price scoops when it’s snowing outside… what can you offer when the flakes fly?
- Give out "snowman kits" for kids, all you need is a zip-top baggie with a carrot or other non-perishable nose item, an inexpensive strip of colorful cloth for a scarf, and 2 charcoal briquettes for eyes
What can you come up with to make your customers’ experience special - even when the weather isn’t?
Wishing you great sales and lots of fun,