- Parent Category: Retail Tips
1 Tip for a Successful Retail Store - Use Numbers
Tip #403 - Number Magic
Dear Tip of the Weeker,
Here's a simple copywriting technique that never fails to improve response rates on any of your marketing pieces.
Use numbers, preferably specific numbers, in your headlines, titles, bullet points, or subject lines.
Numbers are intriguing. Numbers somehow work magic in the minds of your readers and cause them to keep reading.
Here are just a few examples we've written over the years...
- 5 Steps to Developing a Superstar Staff
- Choose any 1 of 3 Specific Techniques and Actually Change the Physical Structures of Your Brain
- 11 Critical Business Skills You Must Master to Run a Successful Retail Store
- Top 12 Tips for Building Your Business in Uncertain Economic Times
- 4 Steps You Must Take to Make Your Email Marketing a Success (and 2 Things to Avoid if You Want Your Customers to Open Your Messages)
How could this work for a retail store? Here are examples a bike store might try...
- 6 Safety Checks to Make Before Your Next Ride
- Spring Sale! Prices Slashed on 493 Bikes This Weekend
- The 5 Best and 5 Worst Bike Trails for Beginners
- 7 Reasons Everyone Should Wear a Helmet
- My 2 Favorite Tricks for Increasing Your Speed
- 1598 Customers Agree...
Who knows why numbers work so well? My guess is curiosity. Readers can think of, say, 3 of the best bike trails in their area and are curious what the other 2 might be. Who cares why? It works!Wishing you great sales and lots of fun,