Let Customers Know Your Extended Holiday Store Hours
Tip #429 - Shout It from the Rooftops
Dear Tip of the Weeker,
Here are two of Bob's favorite retail sayings: "You can't sell through a closed door," and "If you're open 9-5 and closed on Sunday then your primary market is the unemployed!"
And these sayings are never more true than during the holidays.
Holiday shoppers are busy, frazzled, and over-scheduled. They need you to be open when they have time to shop. If you aren't, they'll go somewhere else.
Be sure to have generous extended hours during the holiday season.
AND be sure to tell your customers about them!
Simply staying open late and opening up early isn't going to bring in tons of traffic. You have to shout it from the rooftops, loud and often.
- Put your holiday hours in every email newsletter starting NOW.
- Sign them on your doors NOW.
- Send a post card announcing your holiday hours NOW.
- Make a bag stuffer with your extended hours and put it in bags NOW.
- Highlight them on your website NOW.
- Post them on your your Facebook Page NOW (and often.)
If you hit 'em with multiple messages, multiple times, they just might remember that you're open to serve them when they're out looking for that special gift!Wishing you great sales and lots of fun,