Tips on Cleaning and Refreshing Your Retail Store
Tip #392 - Start Fresh
Dear Tip of the Weeker,
There's no better time than the beginning of a new year and new decade to clean up your act and start fresh!
- Grab the dust cloth, vaccuum, spray cleaner, and whisk broom. Clean every inch of your store - nooks, crannies, insides and out. You'll feel great and your customers will notice a difference.
- Fresh paint is a cheap way to spruce up the store. Update your color scheme, eliminate the dings and dents of the past. Have a few extra bucks? New carpet is a surefire way to make things feel clean and prosperous.
- Check your lighting... flourescent bulbs can dim before they go out and you could be missing valuable light, especially in the winter time. Consider replacing the bulbs one section at a time until they are all new. Might be a good time to go with energy-effficient, earth-friendly bulbs and make the change PAY!
- Head to the stockroom and toss anything that is old, damaged, dingy, or doesn't belong. Be ruthless. If the old fixture in the corner that you planned on spray painting and re-using has been sitting there for six months, throw it out. (Or actually refurbish it and put it on the floor.) Don't keep it there junking up your space!
- Clean your desk. And your computer desktop. If you're organized, you'll be happier and more productive.
Those are some of our favorite "start fresh" ideas. What are yours?Wishing you great sales and lots of fun,