A Look at the Christmas Customer
Tip #427 - Understanding Your Christmas Customer
Dear Tip of the Weeker,
As you are setting up your store for Christmas, keep in mind that your "Christmas customer" is probably different from your day-to-day customer. The difference may be subtle, but it's important!Your day-to-day customer is likely to be someone who knows, understands, enjoys, and uses the merchandise you sell.
Your Christmas customer isn't usually the "end-user," they are a gift-giver!
Display and sign your merchandise to make the experience super easy for your Christmas customer to find the gift they are looking for. Put yourself in their shoes. Think like they think.
Here's what might be going on in their heads...
- "I need a gift for my wife - and it had better be a good one."
- "I need to get something for my son's teacher and I only want to spend $10."
- "I need a gift for Uncle Jim, but I have NO idea what he likes AND the family limit is $20."
- "I want to get a great outfit for my teen-aged daughter and I used to know what she likes, but I'm not sure anymore."
- "I need a stocking stuffer for my Mom."
Christmas customers are shopping with a specific problem to solve. Make the solution apparent in your visual merchandising and you've made the sale!Wishing you great sales and lots of fun,