Easter Coloring Retail Promotion
An Easter Coloring Extravaganza
If your customers are kids, or your customers HAVE kids, you’ll love this easy, fun easter promotion. You can also adapt this promotion for any holiday, try a Pot 'O' Gold St. Patrick's Day or a 4th of July flag coloring sheet. Be creative!The Basics of This Spring Retail Promotion Idea for Retailers
- Ask everyone who comes in your store if they have a child who would like to participate.
- Post a sign with the blank bunny picture and your Easter Coloring Extravaganza information for your Easter retail promotion.
- Let the kids either color in your store, or take the picture home to color and then bring it back. This means you’ll need to have some crayons on hand and a place for them to color.
Here is a sample of a Kids Easter Coloring Page (PDF)
- Decide if you are going to make your promotion a "contest" and give away prizes.
- If you do decide to give prizes, draw names at random to be winners. This will avoid hard feelings and the dilemma of how to judge the pictures.
- Pick prizes that the kids (as well as the parents) will love. Remember, it’s the kid’s contest.
- Give prizes in several different age ranges – 2 years and under, 3-5 years, 6-8 years, and 9-12 years for example. Give away as many as you can.
Displaying the Artwork
- It would be great if you could display the artwork the kids create.
- If you post the pictures in public, be sure there is only the child’s first name and maybe their age on the picture. Safety first! Clip off the address and parent info and keep it for after the promotion is over.
(Hey! Don’t forget to do this! It will more than double the effectiveness of the promotion.)
Clip off the parent information – name and address – and add it to your customer mailing list. Add an email address line to our coloring sheet!
- Send every child that participates in your Easter retail promotion a thank you note. Kids LOVE to get mail, and parents love it when their children are happy. It can be generic or personalized depending on how many kids participate in your promotion.
- Send the parents a coupon or special offer for helping make your coloring extravaganza a success.
Have FUN with your spring retail promotion idea!
Want more great tips? Get your FREE “WhizBang! Tip of the Week” via email. The tips are short, practical, profitable and fun!Wishing you great sales and lots of fun,